Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Sweetest Gift I Got

Kitchen utensils.
Yes.  These are the sweetest gift I got this year.  Why you ask?  I didn't ask for them.  They are from Little James.  I almost cried when I opened them, saved the tears for later.  The reason is just that.  I didn't ask for them.  This sweet son saw a need.  He heard me throughout the year say "I could use about 2 more of these" and remembered that when he went shopping.  It isn't a costly gift (although they are good ones and probably not cheap).
It's a gift that says to me
 - I pay attention to what you say, I saw you had a need, I could do something about what you wanted and what you would enjoy.
I saw that he loves me and knows me well enough to buy me something that is practical and knows I would use them a lot.

Thank you James!  You are a wonderful son, but more importantly you are a wonderful son of God and live it through these little details of your life.  I love you kid!

No comments: